Whittard of Chelsea
Tea Discoveries English Breakfast Tea Caddy
English Breakfast tea became something of a national drink when word got out that Queen Victoria was a fan; Walter Whittard was quick to follow suit, creating his own distinctive blend from a selection of different tea gardens in the West Java region. A Whittard firm favourite for well over a century now, our English Breakfast is smooth, versatile and invigorating with a robust malty richness particularly delicious served with a splash of milk to accompany a hearty full English.
- ENGLISH BREAKFAST BLACK TEA - A smooth, versatile and invigorating loose leaf black tea with a robust malty richness. A Whittard firm favorite for well over a century now, our English Breakfast loose leaf tea is particularly delicious served with a splash of milk to accompany a hearty "full English".
- LOOSE LEAF TEA - Our English favorite contains English Breakfast Loose Black Tea. Suitable for Vegetarians and is Vegan Friendly. Best if stored in a cool, dry place away from strong light and odors.
- HOW TO BREW - Black tea is more robust than other tea types, so don't hold back. Add two teaspoons (around 4g) of loose loose-leaf per cup and use water off the boil (around 176°F). leave the kettle after boiling for five minutes. We recommend brewing in freshly boiled water for 3-5 minutes. Best enjoyed hot!
- RESEALABLE & STACKABLE TIN - Our caddy brews approximately 50 cups of tea (using 2 tsp/a cup). This English Breakfast tea is presented in a charming Tea Discoveries caddy with a pattern inspired by the sound of birdsong at breakfast. Our caddy makes a stunning gift for any tea lover and each are stackable for easy, organized storage and neat kitchen displays. Perfect to give as a gift!
- WHITTARD OF CHELSEA - The Finest Tea, Coffee & Hot Chocolate Since 1886. We have extraordinary teas, we’ve spent the last century tracking down the very best of our over 100-strong range. From exquisite single origins to seasonal limited editions, every cup we sell represents a distinct experience with its own character. We explore the latest trends, flavors and ingredients – but always stick to our roots.